The problem sets provided here are similar to those found on various kinds of standardized exams, such as GRE, ACS & MCAT. The questions are roughly organized by subject, and most sets have over 50 multiple choice problems. To use a problem set, click on its descriptive title. There is some overlap of topics, especially stereochemistry and spectroscopy. The difficulty of the problems varies in a random fashion, as does the organization of subject. Answers are provided after the user has made a serious effort to do a significant number of problems.
1. General Questions on Structure and Bonding
2. Alkanes, Alkenes, Alkynes and their Alicyclic Couterparts
3. Alkyl Halides, Alcohols, Ethers and Epoxides
5. Structure and Reactivity of Aromatic Compounds
8. Aldehydes and Ketones
9. Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives
10. Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins & Nucleic Acids
11. Miscelleneous Topics
These problems have been written by Professor William
Reusch. Please inform the author of errors.