an NMR Account: (available
to MSU community only)
- You must be affiliated with a MSU professor and
have a MSU charge account #.
- Read the 'NMR Basics' handout and complete the attached
quiz. (handout and quiz available here).
- Contact Dan Holmes by
e-mail to schedule an appointment to review quiz answers.
- Once authorized, work through the 'Plotting Practice'
handout to familiarize yourself with the instrument software. (available here)
- Schedule another appointment with Dan to review
printed spectra and answer questions.
- There are two training paths offered at MSU:
- Manual: This training path
will teach you how to independently operate an NMR spectrometer
automation. You will learn to lock, shim, and acquire high-quality
1H data. The training requires 2 hours.
- Automated: This path will show you how to
use our fully automated instruments which offer essentially
hands-off operation. The training requires about 15 minutes.
- The path you choose is up to you and you
can, at any time, choose the other training path.